Get involved to stop the cull in 2017! Culling is due to take place over six weeks in late August, September and early October.
- Step 1: Find out where your nearest cull zone is. Click here for more information.
- Step 2: Contact the group operating in your area:
Here are some of the things you can get involved in!
* Come sett-surveying this summer!
This work is crucial. Without knowledge of where the badger setts are, we cannot protect them. All groups can provide training on how to look for badger setts. All you need is enthusiasm and some decent footwear! Small groups are sett surveying on weekends and weekdays so get in touch with your local group and tell them when you’re available.
* When the cull gets underway in autumn 2017, join a badger patrol!
Badger patrols are perfectly legal. Groups of patrollers walk footpaths at night, carrying torches and wearing high vis jackets. The aim is to be a visible presence in the cull zone and to look out for shooters and injured badgers along the way. There are also regular daytime sett patrols. Bring food, water, a torch and some waterproofs if it’s looking like it might rain. Wear shoes or boots that you don’t mind getting muddy, as some of the footpaths cross wet and muddy terrain.
Support in other ways:
* Join our mailing list
* Send us information. Do you live in one of the cull zones? Is your neighbour culling badgers? Did you overhear something at the pub or in the queue at your local shop? Be our eyes and ears and get in touch with any useful information.
* Organise a fundraiser! Could you organise a carboot sale, online auction, make t-shirt designs we can use to raise funds, donate artwork we can auction off, organise a sponsored walk, coffee morning or other event? When the cull starts we would like to be in a position to help cover expenses at Camp Badger, assist badger activists with their fuel costs, buy equipment etc. If you can’t make it to the cull zones then please have a think about how you could help us with fundraising.
* Donate fuel money to groups that are busy in the cull zones. If you can’t make it to the zones yourself but would like to help those who can by contributing to their fuel costs, here are some existing fundraising pages:
For Cornwall, you can make a Paypal donation to cornwall2cz[AT]gmail.com [replace [AT] with @ – the is a spam counter-measure)
This list will be updated regularly.